Student Success Center at SWPS University
Headquarters: Warsaw, Poland
Students: 17,500 at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels
Campuses: 5, located in major Polish cities
SWPS University has implemented a strategy to enhance its competitive advantage in the higher education market in Poland by focusing on improving the student experience in the service processes. They have opted for an omnichannel approach, providing one-stop services on multiple devices.
To achieve this, the university has transitioned from traditional, paper-based, and office-oriented student service methods to utilizing Salesforce Education Cloud technology in conjunction with Genesys Cloud Contact Center. This technology integration enables efficient handling of matters for their student population, which amounts to over 17,500 students. The support staff team responsible for managing these services consists of 50 members.
The implementation of the Success Center solution required multiple integrations with external queuing systems and a qualified electronic signature solution. Moreover the implementation required data synchronization with external university systems.
Providing students with a high-level online, multichannel service
Automation of manual processes
Increase student self-service level
Increase student experience
Increase student extracurricular activities in the form of science clubs
Transition of the student service system to a digital form, enabling tracking of all cases.
Coordination of printing processes and manual signing of documents for delivery in paper for meetings.
Unification of various functionalities of multiple systems for managing meetings.
- Salesforce-based Student Success Portal that can be accessed from both computers and mobile devices.
- Full (360 degrees) view of the student’s profile, including communication channels (telephone, email, messenger), applications, documents, processes, and communication history.
- Management of students’ cases submitted via email to the university’s support address (email-to-case functionality).
- Flexible student path, allowing students to choose the method and location of document pickup (on-campus or via mail delivery) and schedule meetings with support team members through an online calendar.
- Integration with Genesys Cloud Call Center to route phone calls from students to over 50 dedicated specialists in study programs. Skills Based Routing supports leveraging the team’s competencies.
- Automation of issuing certificates for students.
- Implementation of a digital process for generating responses to documents with a Qualified Electronic Signature.
- Creating and managing Notifications (different from Certificates) generated for students, also integrated with Qualified Electronic Signature.
- Involvement of academic and administrative staff in the decision-making process for student applications. These employees also use the Community Portal.
- High-standard user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) designed using LWC (Lightning Web Components) to facilitate student self-service.
- Configuration of a Home Page that provides all the essential tools for SSC support work in one place.
- Configuration of a custom Case Page according to the SLDS framework, allowing employees to have everything at their fingertips on a single case page without the need to switch between different sources of information.
- Providing students with a ‘student success experience’ and a higher level of self-service in the new system.
- Reduction of manual processes and the need to deliver paper documents.
- Possibility for students to arrange their own dates for interviews, both stationary and online.
- Possibility to effectively establish a scientific students’ club through online matching with the right tutor and registration of their initiative.
- Reduction of queues on campuses.
- Improving communication between the university organizational units and students.
- Collection of a significant volume of diverse data, which allowed for improved decision-making processes at all levels, from individual cases to support programs.
- Shortening the time from the candidate’s application to the response.
- Strengthening the market image of the university as a modern educational institution.
- Implementation of a 50-person call center that can immediately respond to student inquiries.