Salesforce Managed Services for Virtana
Industry: New Technologies – cloud cost management, performance, and capacity optimization
Headquarters: Palo Alto, California
Employees: 150+ worldwide
”The Think Beyond team has been nothing short of amazing when it comes to delivering continuous Salesforce support. I am constantly impressed by their responsiveness, expertise, and attention to detail. They have gone above and beyond to ensure that our Salesforce instance is optimized for our business needs.Eva KarnaukhVP, Business Operations at Virtana
- A legacy org started in 2011 containing a lot of outdated features and code which were not used anymore.
- A long Salesforce support tickets resolution time and a long list of issues to look after.
- A need for lots of different Salesforce skills to be delivered at once (admins, dev, architects, consultants in the area of Salesforce CPQ, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Report and Dashboards, integrations, etc.).
- A long backlog of new items that required implementation.
- Low user adoption caused by the issues with a current solution – sales employees preferred to use Excel rather than Salesforce.
- Need to have a reliable team that can react fast, and act like an internal IT to bring stability and increase user satisfaction.
- Creation of a business continuity plan with short, mid, and long-term priorities to ensure stable growth and increase user adoption.
- Strong focus on current maintenance and bug fixing, to prepare for the future development.
We started with a quick audit to check what is the current state of the org. It included: security settings, critical updates, license overview and usage, user adoption (to understand which users don’t log in to Salesforce and why), and many others.
In parallel, we were dealing with the most severe bugs and the most urgent configuration required (e.g. reports and dashboards).
After the first few months, we got the org to the point where it was ready for a new development and integrations.
We also implemented a stable CI/CD process and coding standards to ensure that all the new functionalities would be done according to the industry best practices.
We work closely with the Operation team to make sure that everything we do is prioritized, and we focus on tasks that are the most important ones.